Bring your students on a memorable and interactive field trip that will focus on the Internet Safety at the Children’s Safety Village. This class is delivered in partnership with local Police School Safety Officers. Our programmes are based on the Ministry of Education Ontario Curriculum.
- Discussing information that should never be shared over the internet
- Explaining the need for parents to be aware when they are on the internet at home and ensuring they are in a common area where they can be monitored
- Learning about what makes strong vs. weak passwords and once they tell anyone other than you it no longer is a strong password
- Encouraging establishing a system that ensures parents know login and password information for any programme they are signing up for
- Practise configuring general privacy settings for software and internet browsers using iPads and laptops
- Learning of ways to keep your self safe while using the internet
- Cyberbullying and the consequences of it
- Online predators and making sure we know who we are talking to online
The Children’s Safety Village of Brant is a charity that relies on donations from the community.
We would like to thank the Police Services who generously work in partnership with us to facilitate our safety programming.
Make sure you check for available dates on our online calendar before booking your class.
Six Nations schools attend on Mondays. Brant County and Norfolk County schools attend on Tuesdays. City of Brantford schools attend on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.