Bring your students on a memorable and interactive field trip that will focus on Social Media Safety at the Children’s Safety Village! This class is delivered in partnership with local Police School Safety Officers. Our programmes are based on the Ministry of Education Ontario Curriculum.
Some highlights from our the Social Media Safety class include:
- Discussing information that should never be shared over the internet
- Explaining the value of their parents being aware of all their social media accounts and have access to all passwords
- Reviewing the long term consequences of anything they decide to share publicly – reminding them that anything public could easily exist forever
- Learning the importance of not interacting with strangers and profiles of people they do not know personally
- Practise configuring general privacy settings for commonly used social media accounts
The Children’s Safety Village of Brant is a charity that relies on donations from the community.
We would like to thank the Police Services who generously work in partnership with us to facilitate our safety programming.
Make sure you check for available dates on our online calendar before booking your class.
Note: The Grade 7/8 Social Media Safety programme is offered during December, January, February and March.
Six Nations schools attend on Mondays. Brant County and Norfolk County schools attend on Tuesdays. City of Brantford schools attend on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.